Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being used in the beverage alcohol industry to overcome challenges and further brand development. AI tools are being used to help brands collect and leverage data, create personalized customer experiences, and produce new kinds of beers. Here are some examples of how AI is being used in the beer industry:
- Carlsberg is using AI to create 1000 samples of beer on a daily basis. Cutting-edge sensors identify a flavor fingerprint for each sample, and different yeasts are analyzed so brewers can better understand subtle flavor distinctions.
- Researchers have developed a beer tasting robot that uses AI to assess the quality of beer. The robot records video and sensory information of human beer tasting panelists, as well as 15 parameters about the beer.
- A South Australian company has unveiled an “AI-generated ale” maker that can create beer personalized to one’s specific tastes
- IntelligentX has created an AI-brewed beer, the recipe for which changes based on customer feedback interpreted by an algorithm.
- An AI compiles reviews into a report, which the brewer can use to tinker with or create new brews that appeal to drinkers’ desires and tap into new markets.
The use of AI in the beer industry is still in its early stages, but it has the potential to revolutionize the way beer is produced and consumed.