Crafting World Class Beer With Passion and Dedication
What does it take to make a great craft beer?
A heck of a lot of hard work, a love of local, limitless ideas and a genuine appreciation for living out of your comfort zone. The last and most important ingredient is a die-hard passion and love of craft beer.
Just ask any of our brewers if they remember that one moment that made them head over heels for craft beer and they can tell you the story like it happened yesterday. It’s this rich appreciation that ties the fabric of our craft beer community together like a family.
The Craft Brewers Association of Nova Scotia was established in 2011. And today, it represents 34 members from all corners of the province, all drawn to the magic and charm of the east coast.
As the Craft Brewers Association of Nova Scotia, we are committed to representing this community as a unified voice.
This means building and nurturing relationships with our peers, the public and government. It means knowing no boundaries when it comes to facilitating growth, giving back to the community and creating the right conditions for a thriving craft beer industry.
Here’s to the past and present of craft beer, to creating and sharing more flavourful brews, to blazing new trails and making new memories.
We will act as a unified voice, build & nurture relationships with our peers, the public & government.
We will know no boundaries when it comes to facilitating growth, giving back to community and creating the right conditions for a thriving craft beer industry.
1. Quality. People who care about what they do, care about the product they create. From start to finish, we ensure the best possible quality product. It should taste as fresh as it would at the brewery no matter where it’s consumed.
2. Craftsmanship. Making craft beer is not about mass production – it’s about the skill, engineering & artistry that it takes to make smaller batches, unique batches, ‘devil in the detail’ of colour, taste, and smell.
3. Creativity. The magic of a great tasting craft beer is born from our unbridled passion for innovation.
4. Sense of Adventure. Limitless boundaries & a love of living outside the comfort zone when it comes to styles, tastes, colours & smells of a great tasting beer.
5. Hard Work. This business is not for the 9-5 guy or gal, there are no ‘breaks’. It’s around the clock, 365 days – but when you love what you do, you’re willing to do it again & again.
6. Community. We value our community. The value of knowing the local footprint; where the product came from, who made it, and what’s in it. Knowing your role in it is helping to give back to the community it serves.